Here we are... already one month shy of half a year old!
Sweet Boy is a big 5 months old!
Beckham Grant 7.5.13
Just look at this happy guy! He is SUCH a ham.
4 month vs. 5 month
So what has been happening in the 5 month?
Growing...Growing...and more Growing. Big Dude went to the Dr. S for his 4 month wellness check-up on 6.20.13 and he weighed 17 lbs 5 oz (80th%) and measured 25 1/4 inches (50th%). This is a HUGE jump from his 2 month stats of 43% and 27%, but it is also right on track with his big brother. They have both stayed small until the 3 month mark, then the chunkiness sets in:)
FOOD
Little man also got his first taste of food this month. I have decided to try and make most some of his food (yes, I know you are laughing..but I really kinda like it). He has tried Avocado, Peas, and Butternut Squash. He is not really that crazy about any of it right now. He would much rather just have his bottle. He still takes 6 ounces every 3-4 hours.
SLEEP
You see that face?? That is how I feel about this subject too, big guy. He goes down for bed just fine, typically around 8 pm. However, then it is a crap shoot on when the waking up will start. Most of the time he will go right back to sleep after you put his paci in his mouth, however, he has had several bad nights where he won't go back down without a bottle. I believe this is mainly because he has had some allergy/ear issues this month, but daddy thinks I am just making excuses. I really feel like this sleep issue will get better when he can find his paci on his own. He is nowhere near as bad as Kolten ever was, but we just got so spoiled early in his life when he was an awesome sleeper. I have faith this will just be a short lived stage... C'mon Beck...do this for mommy! Don't you want a little brother or sister??
Overall, he is a generally happy baby...as long as he can see his big bro. Big Brother watching is this guys absolute FAVORITE thing to do. If Kolten is around, you will see this grin!
He is also rolling from his belly to his back..Although, he often times forgets how to do it and it makes him madder than a hornet.
And don't let this big smile fool you, the kid is not a fan of tummy time. He ONLY likes to be on his belly when he sleeps. Ya, Ya..I know...back is best.
We also have a new trick this month! We can sit like a big boy for a few seconds at a time! Oh how mommy can't wait till you can sit and play for longer. You are just kinda in a I get bored doing "baby" things, but am not big enough to do anything else stage. Which makes you very frustrated because you LONG to be a big boy like your brother.
We love you very much Beckham Grant! Happy 5 months!!








No comments:
Post a Comment