It has definitely been a year of "firsts" and last night we had a pretty scary one. Kolten took his first trip to the ER. Bryce, his mom, and I were outside cleaning up the garage and Kolten was playing with his wagon. Right next to his wagon was a steal ladder, I was looking down trying to deflate a pool and I heard a crash. When I looked up my sweet baby boy was laying underneath this heavy steal ladder. I have no words to describe what I felt in that second... I rushed over to him and his head already had a huge goose egg and his nose was black. Bryce and I rushed him to Gateway ER he cried about half way there, but would stop if I was not trying to put ice on his head. Once we got there, they got us back very quickly, probably about 10 minutes total. My parents and Bryce's mom got there not shortly after that and by that time he was already acting pretty normal and wanted Pop(of course). My biggest concern was that he would have some type of internal injury because of the weight of the ladder and how it hit his face. The doctor had checked out his vitals and informed us that he was not worried because he was showing no signs of head trauma. In fact, he was actually laughing and pointing at the doctor about 10 minutes into our conversation with him. I can not explain to you how lucky, blessed, grateful I feel that it was only bumps and bruises. God had his hand on my little man because with the weight of that ladder it could have been much, much worse. I am so thankful. We took him to get ice cream on the way home and I was thrilled to here his little voice say "mum, mum, mum" as he ate it. He was super smiley all night and has been the same way all day....he is one tough fella I tell you, much tougher than his momma. I have a feeling he might be causing me a few gray hairs in the years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment