Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beckham {One Month}

I know that I should not be surprised that Beckham's first month has already come and gone, but I swear we are moving at rapid speeds these days.  I wake up in the morning, blink my eyes and it is time to start bedtime routines.  Does the clock speed up with each kid?  We have had a fun first month as a family of four.  

We left the hospital on February 9th and Big Guy was weighing in at 6lb 13oz (Kolten's birth weight Ironically).  


Big Brother was just as excited to have Beckham home as we were.  He was eager to hold him and give him lots of kisses.  The first month with big brother was AMAZING!  Kolten has been absolutely wonderful when it comes to Beckham.  He asks about him the second he gets up in the morning and runs to give him his paci if he is crying.  I am almost certain this will not last forever, but I am soaking it up while I can.  




So what is Beck up to in his first month?  Mainly sleep!  Don't let those big eyes below deceive you:)   Bryce and I joke that we barely saw his eyes during the first month.  He would sleep all day, only waking up to eat about every 2-3 hours, with longer stretches, about 4 to 5 at night.  By the end of the month he was staying awake longer.  He gives us 1 hour stretches, with the occasional two hour stretch of awake time.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining...I know the days of all this sleep will not last. 


As for food...well, that has been an issue.  I gave nursing my best attempt, but I was just not producing milk like I should.  I felt like Beck lived on me the first couple weeks and he just kept looking skinner and skinner, so I decided to supplement a bottle one day to see what he did...well, he drank that thing like he had never eaten before.  Poor buddy was starving and I did not even know it!  By week three I had NO milk left and he is now eating straight formula.  Newborn Enfamil- 3 ounces every 3-4 hours.  Sometimes he will eat every two, but he totals about 22 ounces a day.  


We visited Dr. Shelton on Valentines day and Beckham weighed 7 lbs, 2 oz (he was still nursing here and not back up to birth weight).  We went back on February 28th and our big guy was up to 8lbs 5 oz!     He is wearing newborn diapers and newborn sized clothes, most of which are still too big.  


As for his personality, we have a "mr. serious" on our hands.  This is SOOOOO much different than his big brother who was the smiliest baby you had ever met..I swear he came into the world smiling.  Not this guy..he is as serious as can be. Furrowing his brow most of the time. Check out this face I got after his first bath at home! 


I also think our two guys look very different.  There are definitely some similarities, but for the most part this little guy looks like his daddy! (Kolt left, Beck right) 




It has been a wonderful first month with these two guys and I am so excited to watch them grow together.  Blessed, Blessed, Blessed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment